Friday, June 15, 2012

Week 11 Runs - Last Runs Before My 1st 5k!

Monday: 15 minutes, 1.3 miles around lake by my house.
Time of day: 6:30AM
Weather: humid, sunny, not yet hot
Issues: Just fatigue, but felt good after 1/4 mile.

Taking it easy this week for the race on Saturday, but just felt like I needed to run.


Tuesday: 20 minutes at Lake Needwood.
Time of day: 6:30PM
Weather: HUMID!!! It rained the entire day, so it must have been near 100% humidity.
Issues: Oh, the humidity was a killer. The end of our run was a big hill and I had to walk for a minute...it felt like I was breathing in steam. I have never sweat that much in my life. My hair was soaked - after a 20 minute run!

Here we are practicing getting water during the race!
Thursday: 15 minute run at King Farm.
Time of day: 7PM
Weather: Cloudy but warm and mild (high 70s)
Issues: None

After our run, some of our pace group met for dinner and drinks to celebrate. The next time we see each other will be at the race! I really enjoy running with these ladies (and Bob!)

No comments:

Post a Comment