Thursday, March 22, 2012

About This Journey...

I was one of those people who thought I could never run a mile. I've never been particularly athletic, and always got shin splints when I tried to run (adding to this is the fact I am missing joints in 8 of my toes, so shoes never fit me correctly).

In the summer of 2011, I took a boot camp class that incorporated short distance running. For the first time, I was coached to run by landing on the balls of my feet, which made all the difference for me - my shin splints stopped! I successfully ran my first mile that fall.

After a lack of motivation in the winter months, I'm now starting a local 5k program designed for beginning women runners. At time trials, I ran a 11:50 mile. I'm hoping to be able to run a 10 minute mile for the 5k in June.

And the blog name? That's what my son (3 years old) asks me when I get back from a run and I think it's adorable!

Thanks for joining me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment